Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Time to Be Grateful

I relaunched my blog this past September so I could share some of my thoughts on topics and issues that impact businesses and individuals in the Commonwealth, in particular health care. And, I thank all of you for joining in that conversation. Please keep your comments and feedback coming!

But now – as we continue through the holiday season – I wanted to share with you what I am most grateful for this year.

I am grateful to all the business, community and civic leaders who have embraced our efforts to help improve access to quality health care and help individuals here live healthier lives. Stay tuned – there is much more to come in 2012!

I am grateful for our team at UnitedHealthcare. Their tireless efforts to help improve the lives of individuals in the region through the work they do and the community efforts they support are an inspiration to me. We created our holiday card as a tribute to our team and the many community organizations they supported in 2011. Click here to see it.

I continue to be grateful for the endless words of wisdom my parents have imparted to me over the years – and their love and support. Those who know me have heard me say over and over, "There's always a way, if you are committed." Well, that's the voice of my father who's influenced me all these years.

And, most of all, I am grateful for the four men in my life – my husband and my three sons and the countless joys they bring me. I am so proud of them each day.

I want to wish you all a very happy holiday and a healthy New Year…

And look forward to continuing our dialogue around growing businesses here in the Commonwealth and building healthier communities in 2012.

Until then, be well.

1 comment:

  1. "I am grateful for our team at UnitedHealthcare."

    Translation: "I am grateful for my ridiculously bloated salary, that is paid directly by denying healthcare to those who need it, by denying claims, by charging really high premiums, and by plundering the individual market. But that's somebody else's fault, not mine. I care. No, no, I really do. Stop laughing at me!"

    What are your denial rates for your individual plans in PA and DE?

    ReplyDelete